Church, Civil, Humanist – all weddings catered for.
As a vocalist it is an honour to be a part of your special day. I pride myself on enhancing the ceremony and creating the desired atmosphere while reflecting the personalities of the couple. This is your opportunity to influence your ceremony with personal choices. I am here to help you explore the options and to deliver them to a professional standard during your big moment! I will guide you through the ceremony informing you of the opportunities for musical enhancement and perform a variety of music to help you discover the pieces you believe best capture your story. When words are not enough, music speaks. I am confident that during your free consultation you will see what I mean!
Common Spaces for Music within a Church Ceremony
- Bride’s Entrance
- Lighting of Independent Candles
- Responsorial Psalm
- Gospel Acclamation
- Lighting of the Marriage Candle
- Sign of Peace
- Communion – usually two pieces
- Signing of the Register
* The Lamb of God, Holy Holy etc can also be sung if desired
This structure applies to Catholic Church Ceremonies. However, Church of Ireland Services follow a similar structure which can be discussed and finalized at a consultation if you wish.
Civil / Humanist Ceremony
- Entrance Music
- After the Opening Reading
- After the Marriage Vows
- After the Exchanging of the Rings (optional part of the ceremony)
- During the Lighting of the Candle (optional part of the ceremony)
- As enhancement behind Readings/Poems
- After the Marriage is formally declared/Signing of the register
- Exit Music
I also offer Drinks Reception music where those beautiful love songs that did not fit in your ceremony or perhaps were not quite appropriate can provide a relaxing backdrop for your guests. Instrumentation can include piano, organ, guitar, harmonica, varied whistles, vocal harmonies and more – variety is guaranteed!